IMTBIKE Trip Cancellation or Interruption Insurance
IMTBIKE SL. offers trip cancellation or interruption insurance. Customers who select this option can receive a refund of tour fees when a customer or traveling companion must cancel or interrupt the trip for reasons covered by the insurance.
It does not cover expenses not paid to IMTBike, such as airfare, or expenses incurred prior to or after the tour, such as pre- payment of extra hotel nights booked as a courtesy by IMTBike.
This insurance can only be purchased at the time of the tour booking. IMTBike will not accept a request to purchase the protection option after the tour has been booked. Your passenger or roommate will be considered your designated traveling companion. If you are in a single room you may designate a traveling companion prior to the start of the tour.
The cost of this protection is 7.5% of the total tour price, including motorcycle upgrades, single room supplements and passenger costs, and excluding VIP insurance and any monies not paid to IMTBike.
IMTBike will make a refund if the customer purchased this insurance and is prevented from starting or completing the tour due to:
- Sickness, accidental injury or death of the customer, the customer’s traveling companion, or an immediate family member or business partner of the customer or traveling companion. The claim must be substantiated by a physician’s statement or other appropriate documentation.
- The customer or traveling companion being required to serve on a jury or being subpoenaed.
- The customer or traveling companion having his/her home made uninhabitable by fire, flood or other natural disaster.
- The Customer or traveling companion being directly involved in a traffic accident substantiated by a police report, when en route to departure.
- The customer or traveling companion, either of whom is in the military, is called to duty during the period covered by the tour.
- Strikes, natural disasters or bad weather the result in the cancellation of airline service that prevents the customer from arriving at the city of departure in time to participate in the tour.
- Employment termination, if the customer had been with the same employer for at least three consecutive years, and is terminated through no fault of his own after electing to purchase the insurance.
This Insurance specifically excludes:
- Expenses not included in the price of the tour, such as airline expenses and extra hotel nights.
- VIP insurance.
- Lost baggage.
- Medical costs, including medical evacuation.
- Pre-existing conditions. Pre-existing conditions are any injury occurring prior to and including the date of purchase of this insurance and any illness occurring during the 120 days prior to and including the date of purchase of this protection, for which treatment by a licensed physician has been sought or advised or for which symptoms exist which would cause a prudent person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment.
- Any situation not EXPRESSLY and SPECIFICALLY included above.
If the cancellation occurs prior to the start of the tour, the entire tour cost will be refunded.
If the cancellation occurs during the trip (and the insurance has been purchased), a pro- rata refund will be made for the unused days of the trip.
In the case of flight cancellations or an accident, which makes it impossible for the customer to arrive at the starting location of the tour, the customer will have the option of receiving a refund of the tour payment or joining the tour in progress. If the customer wishes to join the tour in progress, IMTBike will advise the customer as to whether it is feasible to do so. If deemed feasible by IMTBike and the customer requests that IMTBike assist with alternate arrangements, all additional costs will be the responsibility of the customer and no pro-rata credit will be granted for any days of the tour that were not used.